If you’re looking to indulge your sweet tooth the vegan way this Christmas, we have the perfect recipe for you, contributed by Brunetti, Singapore. The sinfully indulgent Log cake has a Walnut Brownie base topped with a generous layer of choco mousse and is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet Christmas cravings!
RECIPE: Vegan Chocolate Log Cake, with a Walnut Brownie Base topped with Vegan Choco Mousse
Ingredients (for Walnut Chocolate Brownie)
- Flour – 1200 grams
- Cocoa powder – 400gms
- Brown sugar – 800gms
- Sunflower oil – 720ml
- Baking powder – 30gms
- Baking soda – 10gms
- Warm water – 1000ml
- Vanilla essence – 30gms
- Walnut – 200gms
METHOD (for Walnut Chocolate Brownie)
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder at least three times.
- Take all the dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add oil and whisk it properly.
- Now slowly pour warm water portion by portion.
- Make sure mixture should not be too thin.
- Add vanilla essence and blend it nicely until get a smooth batter.
- Add crushed walnut and mix it gently.
- Bake it in a square brownie pan at 165 degree Celsius preheated oven for around 50 minutes.
- After baking unmold and cool it on wire rack.
- Cut two rectangle strips same as the size of your log cake mould.
Ingredients (for Chocolate Mousse)
- Vegan dark chocolate – 500gms
- Vegan butter – 50gms
- Glucose – 50gms
- Vegan whipping cream – 800gms
- Melt dark chocolate, butter and glucose on a double boiler or in a microwave oven.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Make sure there should not be any lumps of cream and it mix properly.
- Prepare your log cake mould.
- Pour the mixture until one third of the mould and put one strip of walnut brownie.
- Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the brownie until the rim of the mould.
- Put another sponge to cover the mousse.
- Freeze it in freezer for 8-10 hours.
- Unmold the cake from the mould, either you dust with cocoa powder or spray it with chocolate spray.
- Garnish it with some dark chocolate or fruits.
|BRUNETTI, 163 Tanglin Road, #01-35, Tanglin Mall, Singapore
Brunetti brings together a luscious array of everything we treasure in Italian cooking, in an enticing café space – a Gelateria, Cioccolateria, Pasticceria and more. Famed for its mouth-watering cakes, freshly baked breads, delightfully sinful chocolates and flavourful gelatos, Brunetti satisfies every Italian craving.